Sunday, October 10, 2010

the way you love

what a beautiful discovery.

the way you love me enough to protect me from something I can't see.
the way you answer my prayer in a way that I didn't expect.
the way you guide me.
the way you set a seal upon my heart,
to hold on to something greater.

my worries overcast the joy of you and what I could see
you want to show me your best
and here I am to second guess.

the way you love
is more than I can comprehend
you are so good to me.

All I can do is smile.
To be joyful,
even in this longing.
I don't need to worry,
why do I focus so much attention on that little dot
when there is glory all around me to see?
why worry?
because you KNOW.
YOU KNOW!
Everything.

You will not harm me
You are watching over me
You are the king who is protecting my heart
You are fighting away the bad [he isn't good enough for you]
To reveal and guide the good.
The best.
Because that's what I'm waiting for.

Hope.
Because he's coming.
He is nearer than I expect
I'm praying for something real
For you to guide him here in the right time.

I'm getting ready, & maybe I'm a little late.
But there's some extra time to prepare.
I questioned if I was ready
But I've been waiting here a long time.
I'm worth reaching for
And I don't want someone who doesn't see my worth
going ahead & picking me.

the best is found in you
meeting at the center of your love
because I was made to be fought for, forever.
what a beautiful discovery you will be.
what a beautiful discovery you are.

No comments: