Wednesday, January 07, 2009

.poem: out of breath.

Out of breath,
closer to a dream,
I see you standing there
in between the seams
of dreams and reality.
You keep telling me I'm almost there,
well I don't know- it's so far away,
will I ever get there?

Out of breath,
I'm just holding on,
I hope I can make it.
Keep me near to You.

I hold onto these dreams of tales before
They keep whispering in the night
Love, oh love so divine
I wish you were mine,
Are you mine?
Please don't go...

Sometimes I hate to be awake
If it just means that I'm more alone than before
Telling tales of broken hearts
Shattered dreams
Meant for more than this,
Tell me it's true
Please tell me there's more to it than this...

Salvage this waste of a land
So barren of love that's real
Tainted with images of disgust
I'm so sick of this crippling reality
That rattles my dreams
I long for more,
I hope there's more than this.

Out of breath
Still holding on
Come close
I remember this,
So familiar
In my heart
This is ecstasy
Real love is this

Out of breath
Still I'm holding on
Waiting for the sun on the horizon
To come crashing down
This is real
Real love
The stuff dreams are made of.

Out of breath
I'm waiting for you
Still holding on
In and out and in between my dreams
This is real...

No comments: