Friday, April 01, 2011

A Little Bit of Light

This was found in a devotional book called "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. I deem it quite appropriate in my life right about now.


April 1:
I am calling you to a life of constant communion with Me. Basic training includes learning to live above your circumstances, even while interacting on that cluttered plane of life. You yearn for a simplified lifestyle, so that your communication with Me can be uninterrupted. But I challenge you to relinquish the fantasy of an uncluttered world. Accept each day just as it comes, and find Me in the midst of it all.
Talk with Me about every aspect of your day, including your feelings. Remember that your ultimate goal is not to control or fix everything around you; it is to keep communing with Me. A successful day is one in which you have stayed in touch with Me, even if many things remain undone at the end of the day. Do not let your to-do list [written or mental] become an idol directing your life. Instead, ask My spirit to guide you moment by moment. He will keep you close to Me.
[1 Thessalonians 5:17; Proverbs 3:6]


April 2:
I have promised to meet all your needs according to My glorious riches. Your deepest, most constant need is for My peace. I have planted Peace in the garden of your heart, where I live; but there are weeds growing there too: pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief. I am the Gardener, and I am working to rid your heart of those weeds. I do My work in various ways. When you sit quietly with me, I shine the Light of my Presence directly into your heart. In this heavenly Light, Peace grows abundantly and weeds shrivel up. I also send trials into your life. When you trust Me in the midst of trouble, Peace flourishes and weeds die away. Thank Me for troublesome situations; the Peace they can produce far outweighs the trials you endure.
[Philippians 4:19--actually the WHOLE chapter is so good; 2 Corinthians 4:17]

You know what's interesting, too? I have written entries about the whole garden analogy; and it's so easy to let those "weeds" devour a beautiful garden. You end up not being able to see what is right in front of you. And therefore, you have to dig down deep to reveal what has always been there-- & with God's light, everything will shine and become apparent. It just takes time.
I want to make my garden a beautiful, peaceful place to reside in. I can picture it now... and I can't wait til it springs forth.

And I can't wait to see the same happen for you, too.

No comments: