Sunday, August 28, 2011

beach bummin'






I have thoroughly enjoyed my summer.If someone would have told me what this year had in store, I don't know if I would have believed it.
It's been a "seasons changing" past 8 months.

It's been really nice being able to spend time with my mom too; and just going out to the beach and what not. I still get treated like I'm 16 years old sometimes... but in light of recent events [my sister-in-law's mother dying from cancer & not living much longer], I've realized that these moments are only memories that I'm making-- and they won't last forever.
As much as she can drive me nutty by her over-bearing behavior, I love her just the same, and I'm thankful she is still here for me. I can't imagine what my sister-in-law is going through right now... and she's only a year older than me.


So summer, you have been very good to me. Old things have passed like the springtime flower, but new things have slowly fallen into place, and I love it.
Even with things being so temperamental, it's been really good making new friends and deepening those friendships. It's funny how you go through one phase, thinking you want it back & don't want things to change; and embracing it as a memory that you cherish, yet, loving what is right now... because I wouldn't change a thing.



Love at all times. I have this written down in front of me. I've been thinking of that more-so. It's something Cameron instilled in me-- Love like Christ, in any situation, with anyone. And I caught myself going beyond the platonic; & I kicked it down a few notches, realizing that what these people need is to be loved well, and loved the right way.
It isn't about me. It's about HIM and what I reflect.

I feel like my thoughts are kind of scattered about at the time, but bottom-line:
I have loved the changes each season brings.

Because Fall, I'm ready to fall for you.

No comments: