Sunday, July 06, 2008

.skinned.knees.

Life is really something.

It has taken me awhile to fully understand some issues about myself, others, friendships, and relationships. Things never go the way you plan or the way you hope. So often, I tend to put my trust in others instead of putting my trust in God.
John 14:1 -"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust in me [Jesus]."

I don't really know why I lack trust other than I want to control what I don't know. How is that even possible?

It took the Truth to set me free. I was feeling the weight of these chains, and His Word spoke to me, in ways I never felt before.
Psalm 73: 26 -"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

It's taken years to get to this point in my life. I'm still growing to see something more than what I'm living for. Everything taken in strides and steps-- maybe not always in the direction I thought, but as I dredged through the forest of lies & deception, my feet were untied from the weight of the sin I was carrying around. I hate who I was. I hated what my heart looked like.
I am embracing a sense of renewal in my heart. I am seeing things from a better light. I think it's that washing from the Holy Spirit into my life. I never felt the kind of peace I now feel when I read the Bible. It hasn't become a chore, it's become a way of life. It is my source. It is the Truth that sets me free from the bondage and weight of sin.

Here I am, with outstretched hands... pour into me, a young girl with skinned knees. Repair my heart, give it new life. Breathe into me. Love, love me deeply.

No comments: