Tuesday, July 28, 2009

unseen.beauty

I noticed something very interesting about myself lately. I don't think I would have looked at it quite this way if it wasn't for a few events popping up in my life.

Initially, you look at something and see the big picture. As you creep closer and closer into its depths, your vision gets a bit blurred and skewed. Now you're in the midst of something greater than you ever imagined, but how you perceive the situation isn't as what it was before. You only see the details out of the corner of your eye with a possible blind spot roaming in your heart. What does the blind spot say about you? What are you not seeing that you had before?

What I had not seen before is this: I am at this stage of life right now that I can do anything possible. God has allowed this time for me to grow, learn, strengthen, rely, pursue, relate, love, admire everything about who He is and everything about how He sees me & desires me completely. My heart has found a new song in His love, and it's absolutely the best feeling in the world.
I have traveled on this path for awhile through the valleys, in the deep wooded areas, following detours and different dead ends. But to finally come to a clearing, I find that the sky is a crystal blue, the birds are humming a sweet heavenly tune, and I am standing on the top of the mountain. I see the view and its breath-taking splendor. It's something to behold. It is exactly what God had me waiting to see...

To wait on Him.
So what does that mean to me?
What can I do while I wait?
I can serve Him, worship Him...
I can reach out to others,
I can do all things in His strength, understanding, peace.

I never looked at it this way. It always seemed like a burden I had to carry. The weight of a desire can bring you down. You're not quite sure how to get rid of it because you don't want to lose the desire. But, when you give it over and bury it, something beautiful can grow in its place. Something that was unseen...

I have had some confirming words spoken to me-- and how timely they were to my ears! Sometimes you feel like God doesn't hear you out-- But He does. Normally we've got our eyes and ears and hearts covered so we don't listen to what he has to say. And thankfully, God uses others to confirm His words. This girl I don't even really know spoke to me what she felt God had put on her heart for me to hear-- and previous to seeing her at my friend's house, I had been talking to God about this situation & just begging for an answer. When she told me, I knew it was from Him-- no doubts at all. He was listening to me earlier and he wanted me to hear it loud and clear! Isn't that so amazing? [Proverbs 15:23~"A man finds joy in giving an apt reply— and how good is a timely word!"]

What we think we want isn't always what we need. God knows our wants & desires. He also gives us what we need. And maybe right now He is simply working through me to make me something more like Him. He is calling me to wait on Him & use this time to advance His Kingdom and serve unselfishly. And to think, He can use me- - someone so tragically flawed- - But He finds me beautifully redeemed. He knows he can use someone so unqualified to do his work. All for His glory!


Thank You for opening my eyes to your beauty.




"Everything is made beautiful in its time." ~Ecclesiastes 3:11
Currently listening:
Do You Feel
By The Rocket Summer
Release date: 2007-07-17

No comments: