Wednesday, December 30, 2009

reading.reflection

I just read this wonderful post.

I love when writing affects me in this way.

Zephaniah 3:17~"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."



"If our attention is on who or what we want rather than on God's desire for us, we will miss out on hearing his best for us..."



Our confidence and our hope should come from who we are in Christ—
firstand foremost.
It's what you and I
simply must cling to, so that we are not
living in despair

and so that our lives
(hearts and minds) will be open and free to be
available for what
God wants to do in and through our lives.

I know it is hard. I am there right now, too.
But I must tell you that in this
dry season,
long though it may be,
I have grown closer
in my walk with the Lord.
And he has worked
in my life to correct and to change,
to push me out of my
comfort zone and
to help others. What a source of comfort
and hope he is to me
in times when I am weak and
feel unloved! I am thankful
for how he has blessed my life
and drawn
me closer to him during this time period.

Whether or not you are being pursued, whether or not
you
have a boyfriend, whether or
not you are on the
track to getting married, it
does
not define who you are
or your value or what your
purpose is here on earth.
Remember that.
Remember that you are created in God's image.
I'll say it again: He made you in
his image (Genesis 1:26-27).
He sent his Son to earth for you (
John 1:1-4).
He has pursued you
since the beginning of time
and continues to
constantly pursue YOU
and wants relationship with you
and desires to show you his love (
Zephaniah 3:17).

Believe that. Savor it.
Hold on to it each and every time you feel frustrated and
dejected as a single woman.

God loves you, he has a plan for you (even when you
don't understand—
Ecclesiastes 11:5) and he is
working it out for
his
good so that he may be glorified in you. Let his light
shine in your life, and I
promise you that you will
most definitely feel loved and will certainly glow.


....my gum tastes like your cigar.

No comments: