Wednesday, January 06, 2010


I'm so used to feeling [this]; I wonder how it even surprises me anymore. Good girls seem to finish last.... to whatever is left...

You like her over me.
Surprise.

You want that girl over me.
Surprise.

You want someone easy over me.
Surprise.

You want that? Really.


should I be surprised at myself?
not that he was ever mine to begin with...
but that a quiet sigh of relief has come across me?
As to this, I'm used to.
Being the last one standing...
Always questioning what could be wrong...
but realizing that everything is right where it needs to be.

I'm right where I need to be.
He's off liking someone else.
Well okay.
My heart says it's unfair.
My mind says it's unfair.
But God's ways are just.
He knows...
The best is yet to come.

I want his best. over anything.
Even this.
What I think I need.
What I think I want.

I want HIS best.
because I fall so short of choosing that for myself.

it's better to wait and discover
all that is in store
than to leap at all the presents
when I could have waited
for the very right one for me
that was hidden
that I didn't see
but I chose something else.
because I couldn't wait.

but that's not how this is going to turn out.
this time.
I'm waiting.

for the best.

No comments: