Tuesday, June 14, 2011

November 16, 2010.

Little Sparks Fan Into Flames

by Lauren Watsizzle on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 5:12am


[Written to: Jónsi- Sinking Friendships]

The static puzzled through the other side

Nothing was heard.

The picture you waited for

Was painted in the night sky

As the crushed blue drank up the reds, yellows and violet hues.

The stars began to dance in the midnight sky

As we quietly wandered into winter's air

It came like a thief in the night

Pushing us closer into each other's arms.

You held me close as I watched you breathe

The natural reaction of seeing you be.

The earth was centered by the whites of your eyes

As the gray in mine was sparkling by their design

Your eyes never looked so pure in my view.

Is this all a dream that I'm falling into?

I see you breathe in and breathe out

A smile so innocent

So pure in sheer delight

Pale lips discover the warmth of your soul

The crevasses embark on a journey through the night

Your hands intertwined with mine

I've never been so satisfied being alive.

I carefully thumb my fingers through your hair

Counting the threads that are so evenly declared.

Little sparks that fan into flames

Sets ablaze the fire of a patient heart

I never thought I'd feel the way I do about you.

The sinking friendships, we drown them all

In the whimsical plight of love

But to discover someone as winsome

Someone strong and true

The captivating look which changed my view.

A quiet heart when words are few

The intricate touch from a soul

So magnetic, so electric

You became the beautiful dream I fell into.

No comments: