Saturday, June 04, 2011

paper heart





I often think of my heart like a piece of paper.
It gets tattered and worn, scribbled upon, stained, tainted.
But every day,
I get to start over.


My nieces and nephew are so precious to me. How can you not love them [with the card above]?


It burns my paper heart.



There is something interesting about letting go and moving on...
Even though my heart
seems to always be taped to his,
I'm finding myself slowly tearing it away.

Maybe my paper heart is also very thin and fickle.
But there's something wonderful about new beginnings.
The way they stare right back at you with wonder.
"Who are you? What do you love? What is your passion?"

It just so happens that starting over can be so beautiful.

Here's to hoping that this time around, it will be different.
It feels different.

Here's my heart... guard it while I let it discover something new and wonderful.

No comments: